Public Database of zip code information

From
Adam Haberlach
Date:
    Sometime in the past year, someone mentioned a database that
contained zipcode, lat/long, and city information--does anyone else
remember this, or should I check into a drug clinic?

    I'm pretty much looking for a way to correlate zip, city,
and/or geographic locations.

--
Adam Haberlach            | A billion hours ago, human life appeared on
adam@newsnipple.com       | earth.  A billion minutes ago, Christianity

Re: Public Database of zip code information

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Adam Haberlach wrote:

>     Sometime in the past year, someone mentioned a database that
> contained zipcode, lat/long, and city information--does anyone else
> remember this, or should I check into a drug clinic?
>
>     I'm pretty much looking for a way to correlate zip, city,
> and/or geographic locations.

You mean this one:

    http://ftp.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/places.html

It sure helped me too!

Note the web page says the data is from 1990, but there were continual
updates over the last decade.  I hope to see 2000's data soon.

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking

Re: Public Database of zip code information

From
Matthew Rice
Date:
> You mean this one:
>     http://ftp.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/places.html

Is there any chance the you (or anyone else) knows a source
of this information for Canada?

> >     Sometime in the past year, someone mentioned a database that
> > contained zipcode, lat/long, and city information--does anyone else
> > remember this, or should I check into a drug clinic?

Who says these are mutually exclusive :)
--
matthew rice <matt@starnix.com>                               starnix inc.
tollfree: 1-87-pro-linux                        thornhill, ontario, canada

Re: Public Database of zip code information

From
mikeo
Date:
i believe that you can get that info from www.allstats.com.
we get our zipcode info from them quarterly.

mikeo