Reports

From
"Darrin Ladd"
Date:
Howdy!

I am running Postgres 7.0.2 on a Linux Red Hat OS in an Alpha box.  I have
pretty much everything enabled, but am actively using only the perl
interface.  I would like to start to create some simple reports out of the
database.  Does anyone have any suggestions on reporting tools or
applications that are sql based?

Thanks!
Darrin

http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: Reports

From
Travis Bauer
Date:
Darrin,

I'm working on an opensource project I've called JReporter.  You can see
it at jreporter.sourceforge.net.  It is a java general library for
printing reports with a string JDBC component.  So far, I've tested it
exclusively with Postgresql's JDBC interface.  It is in reasonable shape,
although its still in beta.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Darrin Ladd wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> I am running Postgres 7.0.2 on a Linux Red Hat OS in an Alpha box.  I have
> pretty much everything enabled, but am actively using only the perl
> interface.  I would like to start to create some simple reports out of the
> database.  Does anyone have any suggestions on reporting tools or
> applications that are sql based?
>
> Thanks!
> Darrin

> http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: Reports

From
Samy Elashmawy
Date:
How does this compare to pythons pretyprint clas2?
I am looking into a python/gadfly solution right now , as its a lot easyer
than java/jdbc ?

How is JReport/java for a newbie programer ?