FW: Count & Distinct

From
"anuj"

> >>> select count(distinct(row)) from table;
hi,
I have also tried but I am geting an error.

***************
tempdb=> \d tbltemp
Table    = tbltemp
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-----
--+
|              Field               |              Type                |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-----
--+
| id                               | int4                             |
4 |
| name                             | varchar()                        |
40 |
--+
tempdb=> select count(distinct(row)) from tbltemp;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "distinct"
tempdb=>

Thanks
Anuj