Re: FW: Count & Distinct - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: FW: Count & Distinct
Date
List pgsql-general
Yeah,
There is no column 'row'.  You're trying to use 'row' as
the value expression. Postgres figures it's a column
reference and tries to find it (and doesn't).

<general set function> ::=
 <set function type>

Set function type is COUNT, set quantifier is DISTINCT,
'row' is not a valid value expression in this case.
Note also, if I'm reading the spec right, * is not
valid in this context either.