oid data type

From
admin
Date:
Where can I find more information about the oid data type? I've looked
at the User's Guide, Chapter 3. Data Types, but it didn't seem to be
there. I've also looked around in the Programmer's Guide but, seeing I'm
still learning the ropes, I'm not really sure where I should be looking.

Once again, I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right
direction,
Marc

Re: [GENERAL] oid data typeu

Date:
> Where can I find more information about the oid data type? I've looked
> at the User's Guide, Chapter 3. Data Types, but it didn't seem to be
> there. I've also looked around in the Programmer's Guide but, seeing I'm
> still learning the ropes, I'm not really sure where I should be looking.

Chapter 7 in my book has this.  We web site under documentation.

Re: [GENERAL] oid data typeu

Date:
> > Where can I find more information about the oid data type? I've looked
> > at the User's Guide, Chapter 3. Data Types, but it didn't seem to be
> > there. I've also looked around in the Programmer's Guide but, seeing I'm
> > still learning the ropes, I'm not really sure where I should be looking.
>
> Chapter 7 in my book has this.  We web site under documentation.

Sorry for my poor typing. I have a section on it in my book, chapter 7,
Uniquely Numbering Rows.  The book is accessible from the postgresql
main web site under Documentation.

RE: [GENERAL] oid data type

From
"Barnes"
Date:
Chapter 7 of Bruce's book has a nice discussion of oid.

ftp://postgresql.org/pub/doc/aw_pgsql_book.pdf

Barnes