Intro/Win9X

From
"Dan Boutin"
Date:
Hi,

My name is Dan Boutin.  I am just getting started exploring the
opportunities with Linux.  I am currently developing a VB/SQL Server
application that I wish to run on PostgreSQL instead...mainly because of the
cost savings it will give the customer.

I saw on the web site that there is a Win9X version available.  Is there a
trial version that I can download so I can evaluate the product instead of
having to purchase the full Win9X product?  I don't have a Linux box set up
yet, but will do so soon, but I would like to evaluate PostgreSQL to see if
it performs as well as SQL Server.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan Boutin

Re: [GENERAL] Intro/Win9X

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Dan Boutin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Dan Boutin.  I am just getting started exploring the
> opportunities with Linux.  I am currently developing a VB/SQL Server
> application that I wish to run on PostgreSQL instead...mainly because of the
> cost savings it will give the customer.
>
> I saw on the web site that there is a Win9X version available.  Is there a
> trial version that I can download so I can evaluate the product instead of
> having to purchase the full Win9X product?  I don't have a Linux box set up
> yet, but will do so soon, but I would like to evaluate PostgreSQL to see if
> it performs as well as SQL Server.

There is no Win9X version of PostgreSQL available, that I am aware
of...closest is WinNT...