Slow Searches using MSAccess and ODBC to a PostGreSQL database

From
Valerio Santinelli
Date:
I've just setted up my PostGreSQL database on a Linux machine and it
seems to work fine with the radius daemon i'm currently working on.

Now I need to interface it with MSAccess to access data about our
customers and other stuff stored in the postgres database. It seems to
work correctly as to insertion, update and so on, but when I'm doing a
search on every field on a substring it gets something like 2 minutes
and a half to look in a 1500 records database and you all know that'd
way too much.
The search is on 8 fields on a single table.. what could I do to speed
it up ? (When i was running this database just on Access it took at most
2 seconds for the whole search)

I gave a look to the log and it seems that for every search on a single
record it involves seven transactions on the same record.. that sounds
strange to me.. anybody who can help me out ?

Thanks.

Valerio Santinelli
tanis@mediacom.it

FWD: Erlang/Mnesia Open source