Upgrading 6.3.1->6.3.2

From
Brian
Date:
To upgrade from 6.3.1 to 6.3.2 can I simply do a dumpall and then reload
the information back into psql to re-create?  Or is it more complicated
than that?

I do not want any information to be lost.  I am running the latest DBD/DBI
libraries so I assume I wouldn't have to recompile that or PHP or anything
like that.  So I am really just looking for the thumbs up that all I have
to do is a dump all.

Anyone note any good performance increase from 6.3.1 to 6.3.2?

Brian Feeny (BF304)   | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal@shreve.net     | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109   | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1

Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading 6.3.1->6.3.2

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Brian wrote:

> To upgrade from 6.3.1 to 6.3.2 can I simply do a dumpall and then reload
> the information back into psql to re-create?  Or is it more complicated
> than that?
>
> I do not want any information to be lost.  I am running the latest DBD/DBI
> libraries so I assume I wouldn't have to recompile that or PHP or anything
> like that.  So I am really just looking for the thumbs up that all I have
> to do is a dump all.
>
> Anyone note any good performance increase from 6.3.1 to 6.3.2?

    v6.4 will be released on November 1st...you might want to wait a
couple extra weeks for that...

Marc G. Fournier                               scrappy@hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org
scrappy@{postgresql|isc}.org                       ICQ#7615664