WWW: user gallery

From
Maarten Boekhold
Date:
Hi,

I have send in a submission for the user gallery onthe web-site *two*
times now, one time to psql-submitpostgresql.org (what the anchor text on
the page says), and one time to pgsql@postgresql.org (which is what that
link is pointing to). Apperently no use, cos my site is still not listed :(

I must say that I think that the link on the 'submit' page is very confusing.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |

Re: [GENERAL] WWW: user gallery

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have send in a submission for the user gallery onthe web-site *two*
> times now, one time to psql-submitpostgresql.org (what the anchor text on
> the page says), and one time to pgsql@postgresql.org (which is what that
> link is pointing to). Apperently no use, cos my site is still not listed :(

Its in the mailbox of ones to be added...I'm currently reformatting the
page to try and make it "narrower", like a few ppl requested.  You still
have to scroll horizontally a little bit, but alot less then before...

I'm trying to get what is done converted over first, and then will add the
other dozen or so entries online right after.

For anyone that *has* submitted already, could you go check your entry and
fill in any blanks, if appropriate?

> I must say that I think that the link on the 'submit' page is very confusing.

I've fixed that link, thanks for letting me know :)

Re: [GENERAL] WWW: user gallery

From
Herouth Maoz
Date:
At 15:19 +0300 on 19/6/98, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> I must say that I think that the link on the 'submit' page is very confusing.

Here's yet another suggestion: why not make the entire submission a form?
You can simply use one of the standard CGIs that fills in a template with
the form fields and sends it to the aformentioned mail address.

Personally, once I saw that I have to start formatting an email according
to some specification (which requires me to go back and forth from my email
prog to Netscape to see what's next), I just gave up on the idea. A form is
much easier to fill, and it's not the sort of CGI that will draw 10,000
hits an hour... Just remember to make the ACTION a fully-qualified URL, so
that the mirrors won't complain.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma

Re: [GENERAL] WWW: user gallery

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Sun, 21 Jun 1998, Herouth Maoz wrote:

> At 15:19 +0300 on 19/6/98, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
>

> > I must say that I think that the link on the 'submit' page is very confusing.
>
> Here's yet another suggestion: why not make the entire submission a form?
> You can simply use one of the standard CGIs that fills in a template with
> the form fields and sends it to the aformentioned mail address.
>
> Personally, once I saw that I have to start formatting an email according
> to some specification (which requires me to go back and forth from my email
> prog to Netscape to see what's next), I just gave up on the idea. A form is
> much easier to fill, and it's not the sort of CGI that will draw 10,000
> hits an hour... Just remember to make the ACTION a fully-qualified URL, so
> that the mirrors won't complain.

Feel like creating it? :(  I hate making forms, but if someone is willing
to do it, I'll gladly plug it in :)