view problem

From
The Hermit Hacker

    Hey, can someone tell me why this happens and/or possibly a better way
to do it?:

misc=> create view fifteen as
misc->     select * from rstat where
misc->     (
misc->         time>datetime(now())-'1 minute'::timespan and
misc->         time<datetime(now())+'1 minute'::timespan
misc->     ) or
misc->     (
misc->         time>datetime(now())-'16 minutes'::timespan and
misc->         time<datetime(now())-'15 minutes'::timespan
misc->     )
misc-> ;
ERROR:  DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.

    I'm taking samples of rstat, and I want to be able to pull out one
current sample, and one sample from fifteen minutes ago.  I've tried this with
between, and I tried it with the date truncation stuff, just won't take my
view.  I also tried making a function that did something similar, 'cept it
produces a strange output, (just returns OIDs?).  TIA

--
SA, software.net         My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>

ERROR

From
Ricardo Romero
Date:
Hi.

postgreSQL instaled since 15/may/98 on FreeBSD 2.2.5

# su - pgsql
$ postmaster -S
$ createdb mydb
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' on port '5432'?
createdb: database creation failed on mydb.
$ createuser rromero
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' on port '5432'?
createuser: database access failed.
$ destroydb mydb
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' on port '5432'?
destroydb: database destroy failed on mydb.
$ psql
Connection to database 'pgsql' failed.
connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' on port '5432'?
$

Somebody help-me please ?????

rromero@netserv.com.br

Re: [GENERAL] ERROR

From
Peter Mount
Date:
On Sun, 17 May 1998, Ricardo Romero wrote:

> Hi.
>
> postgreSQL instaled since 15/may/98 on FreeBSD 2.2.5
>
> # su - pgsql
> $ postmaster -S

try:

$ postmaster -S -i