view problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
List pgsql-general

    Hey, can someone tell me why this happens and/or possibly a better way
to do it?:

misc=> create view fifteen as
misc->     select * from rstat where
misc->     (
misc->         time>datetime(now())-'1 minute'::timespan and
misc->         time<datetime(now())+'1 minute'::timespan
misc->     ) or
misc->     (
misc->         time>datetime(now())-'16 minutes'::timespan and
misc->         time<datetime(now())-'15 minutes'::timespan
misc->     )
misc-> ;
ERROR:  DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.

    I'm taking samples of rstat, and I want to be able to pull out one
current sample, and one sample from fifteen minutes ago.  I've tried this with
between, and I tried it with the date truncation stuff, just won't take my
view.  I also tried making a function that did something similar, 'cept it
produces a strange output, (just returns OIDs?).  TIA

--
SA, software.net         My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>