Obsolete references to GBorg in documentation

Date:
Now that gborg.postgresql.org is officially dead, seems like it'd be a
good idea to update all the references to it that are in the FAQ.

There are also some references in older sections of release.sgml,
which I'm of two minds about updating --- those are historically
correct, but as links they're not of so much use anymore.
Thoughts?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Obsolete references to GBorg in documentation

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:

Re: Obsolete references to GBorg in documentation

Date:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Now that gborg.postgresql.org is officially dead, seems like it'd be a
>> good idea to update all the references to it that are in the FAQ.
>>
>> There are also some references in older sections of release.sgml,
>> which I'm of two minds about updating --- those are historically
>> correct, but as links they're not of so much use anymore.
>> Thoughts?

> There are some references in the main docs too last I checked. I can
> submit a patch in the next day.

I think I already got everything except the items mentioned above.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Now that gborg.postgresql.org is officially dead, seems like it'd be a
> good idea to update all the references to it that are in the FAQ.

I have updated the FAQ and FAQ_DEV.

> There are also some references in older sections of release.sgml,
> which I'm of two minds about updating --- those are historically
> correct, but as links they're not of so much use anymore.
> Thoughts?

Uh, if we can update them I think we should.

Re: Obsolete references to GBorg in documentation

From
Peter Eisentraut

Maybe add something like " ... [later moved to http://...pgfoundry.../]"

--
Peter Eisentraut

Tom Lane wrote:
> Now that gborg.postgresql.org is officially dead, seems like it'd be a
> good idea to update all the references to it that are in the FAQ.
>
> There are also some references in older sections of release.sgml,
> which I'm of two minds about updating --- those are historically
> correct, but as links they're not of so much use anymore.
> Thoughts?

I looked at the release note mention of gborg and they are generic URLs
meaning they don't point to specific projects, I think we should just
leave them alone (as Marc suggested).