Re: Update of web page

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Vince, I am doing some cleanup of the web site.  I would like to talk to
> you via e-mail or phone once I am done so I can revert any changes you
> do not like.

Try to be descriptive in the CVS comments and don't bother with the
doxlist stuff.  It's history and will not be back.  It just hasn't
been removed yet so I have a reference of things that were there.  I'm
following the CVS reports.

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking

Re: Update of web page

Date:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Vince, I am doing some cleanup of the web site.  I would like to talk to
> > you via e-mail or phone once I am done so I can revert any changes you
> > do not like.
>
> Try to be descriptive in the CVS comments and don't bother with the
> doxlist stuff.  It's history and will not be back.  It just hasn't
> been removed yet so I have a reference of things that were there.  I'm
> following the CVS reports.

OK, I will leave the dox stuff for later reference.

The changes I have made are mostly combining items with a single bullet
into groups, and moving some of the stuff from developers corner to
users lounge.  I am cleaning up some of the wording and making it more
consistent.  Nothing really major, but it seems to flow better now, at
least for me.  I can revert any of the changes.  I am still working on
it, and may be at it for another hour.

My goal is to condense a little so things stand out more.  How does it
look so far?

Re: Update of web page

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Vince, I am doing some cleanup of the web site.  I would like to talk to
> > > you via e-mail or phone once I am done so I can revert any changes you
> > > do not like.
> >
> > Try to be descriptive in the CVS comments and don't bother with the
> > doxlist stuff.  It's history and will not be back.  It just hasn't
> > been removed yet so I have a reference of things that were there.  I'm
> > following the CVS reports.
>
> OK, I will leave the dox stuff for later reference.
>
> The changes I have made are mostly combining items with a single bullet
> into groups, and moving some of the stuff from developers corner to
> users lounge.  I am cleaning up some of the wording and making it more
> consistent.  Nothing really major, but it seems to flow better now, at
> least for me.  I can revert any of the changes.  I am still working on
> it, and may be at it for another hour.

The wording needs cleaning.  I just threw stuff into each and left it
at that.  The docs indexes are auto generated and I'm planning on adding
text descriptions to it in the next few days.

> My goal is to condense a little so things stand out more.  How does it
> look so far?

I'll check tomorrow, I'm off to bed now.

Date:
> The wording needs cleaning.  I just threw stuff into each and left it
> at that.  The docs indexes are auto generated and I'm planning on adding
> text descriptions to it in the next few days.

No problem. I am not changing the web pages behind the users/devel
lounge at all.  I am only moving the links to be more condensed.

> > My goal is to condense a little so things stand out more.  How does it
> > look so far?
>
> I'll check tomorrow, I'm off to bed now.

Great.  Let me know. We can back out any of this.

Re: Re: Update of web page

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Vince, I am doing some cleanup of the web site.  I would like to talk to
> > > you via e-mail or phone once I am done so I can revert any changes you
> > > do not like.
> >
> > Try to be descriptive in the CVS comments and don't bother with the
> > doxlist stuff.  It's history and will not be back.  It just hasn't
> > been removed yet so I have a reference of things that were there.  I'm
> > following the CVS reports.
>
> OK, I will leave the dox stuff for later reference.
>
> The changes I have made are mostly combining items with a single bullet
> into groups, and moving some of the stuff from developers corner to
> users lounge.  I am cleaning up some of the wording and making it more
> consistent.  Nothing really major, but it seems to flow better now, at
> least for me.  I can revert any of the changes.  I am still working on
> it, and may be at it for another hour.
>
> My goal is to condense a little so things stand out more.  How does it
> look so far?

Looks ok so far.  You may get some flack about the list archives.  Folks
were pretty adamant about not having to look around for any particular
list and wanted them all together.   We'll see if there are complaints.

How out of sync is CVS with the website?  I just fixed a typo in the
devel's index and the result was 10 revs off and an ugly merge.  It's
fixed now.

Date:
> Looks ok so far.  You may get some flack about the list archives.  Folks
> were pretty adamant about not having to look around for any particular
> list and wanted them all together.   We'll see if there are complaints.
>
> How out of sync is CVS with the website?  I just fixed a typo in the
> devel's index and the result was 10 revs off and an ugly merge.  It's
> fixed now.

I ftp'ed all files I changes to the web site, so it should all be in
sync.  Strange the dev index was out of sync.  I know I sent that up
several times.