almost there

From
Keith Gray
Date:
pq_flush: send() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket

--
Keith Gray

Technical Development Manager
Heart Consulting Services P/L
mailto:keith@heart.com.au

Re: almost there

From
"Russell Black"
Date:
Two other people have posted the same Windows 98 problem on this list in the
last week.  Perhaps you should see if they've had any success getting it to
work on 98.

Russell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Gray" <keith@heart.com.au>
To: "Cygwin" <pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 1:10 AM
Subject: [CYGWIN] almost there

> pq_flush: send() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket
> pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket
>
> --
> Keith Gray
>
> Technical Development Manager
> Heart Consulting Services P/L
> mailto:keith@heart.com.au

Re: almost there

From
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP"
Date:
I just had the same problem when I upgraded cygwin.
I downgraded the cygwin package to the cygwin-1.3.2-1.tar.bz2 via the cygwin
setup (it should still be available for download, if not I can mail a copy
to you)
- Stuart

Re: almost there

From
Jason Tishler
Date:
Stuart,

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:14:30PM +0100, Henshall, Stuart - WCP wrote:
> I just had the same problem when I upgraded cygwin.
> I downgraded the cygwin package to the cygwin-1.3.2-1.tar.bz2 via the cygwin
> setup (it should still be available for download, if not I can mail a copy
> to you)

Please just don't downgrade to "solve" this sockets problem.  If it
worked in 1.3.2 and it doesn't in 1.3.3, please try a binary search
of the snapshots and/or CVS to determine when it broke.  Otherwise,
this problem will continue to exist in 1.3.4, 1.3.5, etc.  Sorry, but
since I don't have 9x/Me, I can't help with this one...

Jason