pgsql: some bullshit

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
some bullshit

Branch
------
REL9_2_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/653530c8b1963bf91e19d03305dd0df5ad776bec

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/commands/typecmds.c |    4 ++++
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

Re: pgsql: some bullshit

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> some bullshit

This commit was supposed to be squashed with the next one --- hence
the, err, not-terribly-descriptive commit message.  This mistake may
cause future "git bisect" runs to give spurious failures, but I'm
disinclined to remove it from history nonetheless.  These changes (which
would cause a compile to fail on this branch) are removed by the next
commit.

Re: pgsql: some bullshit

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> some bullshit
>
> This commit was supposed to be squashed with the next one --- hence
> the, err, not-terribly-descriptive commit message.

Seems pretty descriptive to me!

This made me laugh so hard that I started crying.  Clearly, I need a life.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgsql: some bullshit

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> some bullshit
>
> This commit was supposed to be squashed with the next one --- hence
> the, err, not-terribly-descriptive commit message.  This mistake may
> cause future "git bisect" runs to give spurious failures, but I'm
> disinclined to remove it from history nonetheless.  These changes (which
> would cause a compile to fail on this branch) are removed by the next
> commit.

That's not the first time something that breaks compilation of the
backend has been committed, and among all the things that already
happened nobody yet complained about a bisect failing. So no worries
regarding that and take it easy :)
--
Michael

Re: pgsql: some bullshit

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On 22 December 2015 at 05:06, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> some bullshit
>
> This commit was supposed to be squashed with the next one --- hence
> the, err, not-terribly-descriptive commit message.

Seems pretty descriptive to me!

The lack of detail regarding coverage and authorship concerns me. Will this be backpatched?