pgsql: Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

Date:
Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f6438f66226e37851e11a93edebae0198a875100

Modified Files
--------------
src/include/pg_config.h.in |    3 ---

Re: pgsql: Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

Uh, when do I need to run autoheader?  I was not aware of this.

Date:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

> Uh, when do I need to run autoheader?  I was not aware of this.

Anytime you add or remove a #define symbol generated by the configure
script.  I tend to just automatically do it after "autoconf" rather than
stopping to think whether it's needed.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.
>
> > Uh, when do I need to run autoheader?  I was not aware of this.
>
> Anytime you add or remove a #define symbol generated by the configure
> script.  I tend to just automatically do it after "autoconf" rather than
> stopping to think whether it's needed.

OK, I will need to remember that --- thanks.

Re: pgsql: Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie nov 18 00:39:42 -0300 2011:
> Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

Hmm, does the win32 file need updating too?

Re: pgsql: Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

Date:
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie nov 18 00:39:42 -0300 2011:
>> Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

> Hmm, does the win32 file need updating too?

I don't see HAVE_SCANDIR in there, do you?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie nov 18 11:12:32 -0300 2011:

> > Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie nov 18 00:39:42 -0300 2011:
> >> Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.
>
> > Hmm, does the win32 file need updating too?
>
> I don't see HAVE_SCANDIR in there, do you?

Well, I wonder if the win32 file needs to be hooked to the whole
autoconf/autoheader thing somehow.  I mean, if HAVE_SCANDIR wasn't
there, does this mean that when it was added to pg_config.h we forgot to
update the win32 copy?

Re: pgsql: Do missed autoheader run for previous commit.

Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie nov 18 11:12:32 -0300 2011:
> >
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
> > > Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie nov 18 00:39:42 -0300 2011:
> >
> > > Hmm, does the win32 file need updating too?
> >
> > I don't see HAVE_SCANDIR in there, do you?
>
> Well, I wonder if the win32 file needs to be hooked to the whole
> autoconf/autoheader thing somehow.  I mean, if HAVE_SCANDIR wasn't
> there, does this mean that when it was added to pg_config.h we forgot to
> update the win32 copy?

Well, Win32 doesn't have HAVE_SCANDIR, so it didn't need to be defined, I
think.