pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml oc/src/sgm ...

From
momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    03/03/19 22:34:57

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : func.sgml monitoring.sgml runtime.sgml
    src/backend/catalog: heap.c namespace.c
    src/backend/commands: cluster.c sequence.c tablecmds.c
    src/backend/executor: execMain.c
    src/backend/libpq: hba.c
    src/backend/postmaster: pgstat.c
    src/backend/utils/adt: nabstime.c pgstatfuncs.c
    src/backend/utils/error: elog.c
    src/bin/initdb : initdb.sh
    src/bin/pg_dump: pg_backup_tar.c
    src/include    : pgstat.h
    src/include/catalog: catversion.h pg_proc.h
    src/test/regress/expected: rules.out

Log message:
    Add start time to pg_stat_activity

    Neil Conway

Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml oc/src/sgm ...

> Log message:
>     Add start time to pg_stat_activity

Why did this patch declare pg_stat_activity.query_start as timestamp
without time zone?  Meseems it should be timestamp with time zone.
The other datatype isn't really intended to represent the times of
real-world events.

I also note that the displayed time is off about five hours (my offset
from GMT), which I suspect has a lot to do with this error ...

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 13:37, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Log message:
> >     Add start time to pg_stat_activity
>
> Why did this patch declare pg_stat_activity.query_start as timestamp
> without time zone?  Meseems it should be timestamp with time zone.
> The other datatype isn't really intended to represent the times of
> real-world events.

Woops, my mistake.

> I also note that the displayed time is off about five hours (my offset
> from GMT), which I suspect has a lot to do with this error ...

Can you fix it, or should I? I'm pretty swamped at the moment, so I
probably won't be able to get to it for a little while...

Cheers,

Neil

Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml oc/src/sgm ...

Date:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Can you fix it, or should I?

I'll see what I can do.