Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml oc/src/sgm ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/func.sgml oc/src/sgm ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Log message:
>     Add start time to pg_stat_activity

Why did this patch declare pg_stat_activity.query_start as timestamp
without time zone?  Meseems it should be timestamp with time zone.
The other datatype isn't really intended to represent the times of
real-world events.

I also note that the displayed time is off about five hours (my offset
from GMT), which I suspect has a lot to do with this error ...

            regards, tom lane