pgsql-server/src/pl plpython/feature.expected ...

From
momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/09/26 01:23:26

Modified files:
    src/pl/plpython: feature.expected plpython.c plpython_schema.sql
    src/pl/tcl     : pltcl.c

Log message:
    I have attached the pltcl patch again, just in case. For the sake of clarity
    let's say this patch superscedes the previous one.

    I have also attached a patch addressing the similar memory leak problem in
    plpython. This includes a slight adjustment of the tests in the source
    directory. The patch also includes a cosmetic change to remove a compiler
    warning although I think the change makes the code look worse though.

    BTW, by my reckoning the memory leak would occur with prepared plans and
    without. If that is not the case then I've been barking up the wrong tree.

    Nigel J. Andrews

Re: pgsql-server/src/pl plpython/feature.expected ...

From
Neil Conway
Date:
momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
>     I have attached the pltcl patch again, just in case. For the sake
>     of clarity let's say this patch superscedes the previous one.

This isn't the right version of this patch; I posted a different
version (not necessarily a perfect one, but better than this one) to
-hackers. If you want to apply a fix right now, you can probably use
the patch I sent to -hackers; otherwise, I think you can wait for
Nigel to mull over my patch and fix the problem as he sees fit.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: pgsql-server/src/pl plpython/feature.expected ...

Date:
Neil Conway wrote:
> momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
> >     I have attached the pltcl patch again, just in case. For the sake
> >     of clarity let's say this patch superscedes the previous one.
>
> This isn't the right version of this patch; I posted a different
> version (not necessarily a perfect one, but better than this one) to
> -hackers. If you want to apply a fix right now, you can probably use
> the patch I sent to -hackers; otherwise, I think you can wait for
> Nigel to mull over my patch and fix the problem as he sees fit.

OK, backed out.  Just send a new one when you are ready.