hi

From
"Ravi Thapliyal"

I am a new developer in Linux and wants to install latest Postgres on SUSE LINUX 10 server.

The problem I am facing is that

1.       I am not able to get the binary of latest Postgres 8.2.3 for Suse Linux( it is there for only Fedora and Red Hat).

2.       Or what is the procedure to install the latest Postgres on Suse Linux 10.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Re: hi

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Thursday 01 March 2007 06:16, Ravi Thapliyal wrote:
> I am a new developer in Linux and wants to install latest Postgres on SUSE
> LINUX 10 server.

This mailing list is closed and no regular activity still takes place here. I
would recommend you email either pgsql-novices or pgsql-general in the
future.  You can find a list of mailing lists at
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

> The problem I am facing is that
> 1.       I am not able to get the binary of latest Postgres 8.2.3 for Suse
> Linux( it is there for only Fedora and Red Hat).

I believe binaries from suse are provided from suse directly, so you would
need to look in the suse repositories on the suse website.

> 2.       Or what is the procedure to install the latest Postgres on Suse
> Linux 10.

If there arent rpms available, you will have to install from source, but I
would ask you question on pgsql-novice or pgsql-general first as there are
probably other suse users on those lists who can give you better answers.
HTH.

--
Robert Treat