Re: hi - Mailing list pgsql-chat

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: hi
Date
List pgsql-chat
On Thursday 01 March 2007 06:16, Ravi Thapliyal wrote:
> I am a new developer in Linux and wants to install latest Postgres on SUSE
> LINUX 10 server.

This mailing list is closed and no regular activity still takes place here. I
would recommend you email either pgsql-novices or pgsql-general in the
future.  You can find a list of mailing lists at
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

> The problem I am facing is that
> 1.       I am not able to get the binary of latest Postgres 8.2.3 for Suse
> Linux( it is there for only Fedora and Red Hat).

I believe binaries from suse are provided from suse directly, so you would
need to look in the suse repositories on the suse website.

> 2.       Or what is the procedure to install the latest Postgres on Suse
> Linux 10.

If there arent rpms available, you will have to install from source, but I
would ask you question on pgsql-novice or pgsql-general first as there are
probably other suse users on those lists who can give you better answers.
HTH.

--
Robert Treat