about test_parser installation failure problem(PostgreSQL in 9.5.0)?

From
"閬閬イふ"
Date:
hi postgreSql !
    test_parser install is ok (postgresql 9.2.4)
   but at (postgresql 9.5.0) failure?
why?the postgresql say:
CREATE EXTENSION zhparser
say:
ERROR:  syntax error at or near ""
LINE 1: CREATE EXTENSION zhparser
        ^
********** 错误 **********
ERROR: syntax error at or near ""
SQL 状态: 42601
字符:1

CREATE EXTENSION test_parser FROM unpackaged
ERROR:  function testprs_start(internal, integer) does not exist
********** 错误 **********
ERROR: function testprs_start(internal, integer) does not exist
SQL 状态: 42883
9.5.0 Not supported ?
can help me?

cnpusr
2015-01-15
"=?utf-8?B?6Zas6Zas44Kk44G1?=" <paaple@foxmail.com> writes:
>      test_parser install is ok (postgresql 9.2.4)
>     but at (postgresql 9.5.0) failure?

Yes, we moved test_parser and some other only-useful-for-testing modules
from contrib to src/test/modules, which means they won't get installed in
standard installations.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [BUGS] about test_parser installation failure problem(PostgreSQL in 9.5.0)?

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 2:03 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "=?utf-8?B?6Zas6Zas44Kk44G1?=" <paaple@foxmail.com> writes:
>>      test_parser install is ok (postgresql 9.2.4)
>>     but at (postgresql 9.5.0) failure?
>
> Yes, we moved test_parser and some other only-useful-for-testing modules
> from contrib to src/test/modules, which means they won't get installed in
> standard installations.

Additional note: on Windows when code is compiled with MSVC, they are installed.
--
Michael

Re: about test_parser installation failure problem(PostgreSQL in 9.5.0)?

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 01/14/2016 06:51 PM, 閬閬イふ wrote:
> hi postgreSql !
>      test_parser install is ok (postgresql 9.2.4)
>     but at (postgresql 9.5.0) failure?
> why?the postgresql say:
> CREATE EXTENSION zhparser
> say:
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near ""
> LINE 1: CREATE EXTENSION zhparser
>          ^
> ********** 错误 **********
> ERROR: syntax error at or near ""
> SQL 状态: 42601
> 字符:1
> CREATE EXTENSION test_parser FROM unpackaged
> ERROR:  function testprs_start(internal, integer) does not exist
> ********** 错误 **********
> ERROR: function testprs_start(internal, integer) does not exist
> SQL 状态: 42883
> 9.5.0 Not supported ?
> can help me?

The last place I see it is:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/test-parser.html

I do not see it in the 9.5 contrib modules:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/contrib.html

Aah, looking at the Release Notes for 9.5:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/release-9-5.html

Move dummy_seclabel, test_shm_mq, test_parser, and worker_spi from
contrib to src/test/modules (Álvaro Herrera)

These modules are only meant for server testing, so they do not need to
be built or installed when packaging PostgreSQL.

So if you are building from source you can go there to build the module.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: [BUGS] about test_parser installation failure problem(PostgreSQL in 9.5.0)?

From
Alvaro Herrera
閬閬イふ wrote:
> hi postgreSql !
>      test_parser install is ok (postgresql 9.2.4)
>     but at (postgresql 9.5.0) failure?
>  why?the postgresql say:
>  CREATE EXTENSION zhparser

What is zhparser anyway?  There is one such thing at
https://github.com/amutu/zhparser
but I don't think it depends on test_parser in any way.

Note this:

>  CREATE EXTENSION zhparser
>  say:
>  ERROR:  syntax error at or near ""
> LINE 1: CREATE EXTENSION zhparser
>         ^

My editor shows a "<feff>" marker between the double quotes in that
error message -- you sent a byte-order mark (BOM) in your CREATE
EXTENSION command, which is wrong.