Re: [BUGS] about test_parser installation failure problem(PostgreSQL in 9.5.0)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [BUGS] about test_parser installation failure problem(PostgreSQL in 9.5.0)?
Date
List pgsql-general
閬閬イふ wrote:
> hi postgreSql !
>      test_parser install is ok (postgresql 9.2.4)
>     but at (postgresql 9.5.0) failure?
>  why?the postgresql say:
>  CREATE EXTENSION zhparser

What is zhparser anyway?  There is one such thing at
https://github.com/amutu/zhparser
but I don't think it depends on test_parser in any way.

Note this:

>  CREATE EXTENSION zhparser
>  say:
>  ERROR:  syntax error at or near ""
> LINE 1: CREATE EXTENSION zhparser
>         ^

My editor shows a "<feff>" marker between the double quotes in that
error message -- you sent a byte-order mark (BOM) in your CREATE
EXTENSION command, which is wrong.