I have found a potential bug in 9.1.8 with no corresponding CHANGELOG entry
through 9.1.19.

      nuxeotest1-> alter table info add column testxxx numeric ;
      ALTER TABLE
      nuxeotest1=> alter table info drop column textxxx ;
      ERROR:  column "textxxx" of relation "info" does not exist
      nuxeotest1=> alter table info drop column testxxx ;
      ALTER TABLE
      nuxeotest1=>

Originally, the point of this exercise was to test permissions.

After logging off and back in again, I could not reproduce the problem.
I could not reproduce the problem on 9.2.10.

Is this a known glitch?

--
Otheus
otheus.uibk@gmail.com
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 7:52 PM, otheus uibk <otheus.uibk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have found a potential bug in 9.1.8 with no corresponding CHANGELOG entry
> through 9.1.19.
>
>       nuxeotest1-> alter table info add column testxxx numeric ;
>       ALTER TABLE
>       nuxeotest1=> alter table info drop column textxxx ;
>       ERROR:  column "textxxx" of relation "info" does not exist
>       nuxeotest1=> alter table info drop column testxxx ;
>       ALTER TABLE
>       nuxeotest1=>
>
> Originally, the point of this exercise was to test permissions.
>
> After logging off and back in again, I could not reproduce the problem.
> I could not reproduce the problem on 9.2.10.
>
> Is this a known glitch?

Do you see an error on 9.1.19? That's what would be interesting. If
you think there is indeed a bug, could you provide a self-contained
test-case?
--
Michael
Is this the exact, unaltered session transcript?  Because:

On 12/3/15 11:52 AM, otheus uibk wrote:
>        nuxeotest1-> alter table info add column testxxx numeric ;

The prompt here suggests you were in the middle of another command while
running this.  If you did *any* changes to the transcript, it's
impossible to even guess what exactly happened.  As written, the
transcript seems sketchy.

Do you log DDL statements?  That would probably be the easiest way to
figure out the exact series of commands.

.m
otheus uibk wrote:

>      nuxeotest1-> alter table info add column testxxx numeric ;
>       ALTER TABLE
>       nuxeotest1=3D> alter table info drop column textxxx ;
>       ERROR:  column "textxxx" of relation "info" does not exist
>       nuxeotest1=3D> alter table info drop column testxxx ;
>       ALTER TABLE
>       nuxeotest1=3D>

testxxx is added
textxxx fails to be removed.

That's not the same identifier. So isn't that just a typo?

Best regards,
--=20
Daniel V=E9rit=E9
Twitter: @DanielVerite