Possible bug: ALTER TABLE x DROP COLUMN y "column ... does not exist" then it does - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From otheus uibk
Subject Possible bug: ALTER TABLE x DROP COLUMN y "column ... does not exist" then it does
Date
Re: Possible bug: ALTER TABLE x DROP COLUMN y "column ... does not exist" then it does  (Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>)
Re: Possible bug: ALTER TABLE x DROP COLUMN y "column ... does not exist" then it does  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
I have found a potential bug in 9.1.8 with no corresponding CHANGELOG entry
through 9.1.19.

      nuxeotest1-> alter table info add column testxxx numeric ;
      ALTER TABLE
      nuxeotest1=> alter table info drop column textxxx ;
      ERROR:  column "textxxx" of relation "info" does not exist
      nuxeotest1=> alter table info drop column testxxx ;
      ALTER TABLE
      nuxeotest1=>

Originally, the point of this exercise was to test permissions.

After logging off and back in again, I could not reproduce the problem.
I could not reproduce the problem on 9.2.10.

Is this a known glitch?

--
Otheus
otheus.uibk@gmail.com