PC users trying to create database

From
Glenda Lewis
Date:
Hi,
I'm part of an online class and we have installed PostgreSQL and now Active
Record. Our command is:
bundle exec rake db:create

This produces several errors. We had to install DevKit, run bundle install,
but still no results. I found web comments that Active Record could not
find the createdb command in the PostgreSQL bin folder and suggested to add
the bin and lib folder to PATH.

After adding these folders to PATH, we now get "too many command-line
arguments."

How is any of this supposed to work on a PC????

Re: PC users trying to create database

From
Gavin Flower
Date:
On 22/10/15 13:57, Glenda Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm part of an online class and we have installed PostgreSQL and now
> Active Record. Our command is:
> bundleexecrakedb:create
>
> This produces several errors. We had to install DevKit, run bundle
> install, but still no results. I found web comments that Active Record
> could not find the createdb command in the PostgreSQL bin folder and
> suggested to add the bin and lib folder to PATH.
>
> After adding these folders to PATH, we now get "too many command-line
> arguments."
>
> How is any of this supposed to work on a PC????
Hi,

I've read that PostgreSQL can run without too much effort on a PC using
a Microsoft O/S, I do know it works fine if you upgrade your PC to a
Linux distribution (I use Fedora, but other Linux distributions are also
good).

Cheers,
Gavin

Re: PC users trying to create database

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 10/21/2015 5:57 PM, Glenda Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm part of an online class and we have installed PostgreSQL and now
> Active Record. Our command is:
> bundleexecrakedb:create
>
> This produces several errors. We had to install DevKit, run bundle
> install, but still no results. I found web comments that Active Record
> could not find the createdb command in the PostgreSQL bin folder and
> suggested to add the bin and lib folder to PATH.
>
> After adding these folders to PATH, we now get "too many command-line
> arguments."
>
> How is any of this supposed to work on a PC????

wild guess says your problem is Ruby related, not Postgres.