Re: PC users trying to create database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: PC users trying to create database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 22/10/15 13:57, Glenda Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm part of an online class and we have installed PostgreSQL and now
> Active Record. Our command is:
> bundleexecrakedb:create
>
> This produces several errors. We had to install DevKit, run bundle
> install, but still no results. I found web comments that Active Record
> could not find the createdb command in the PostgreSQL bin folder and
> suggested to add the bin and lib folder to PATH.
>
> After adding these folders to PATH, we now get "too many command-line
> arguments."
>
> How is any of this supposed to work on a PC????
Hi,

I've read that PostgreSQL can run without too much effort on a PC using
a Microsoft O/S, I do know it works fine if you upgrade your PC to a
Linux distribution (I use Fedora, but other Linux distributions are also
good).

Cheers,
Gavin