BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT

From
pgriboval@yahoo.fr
Date:

Bug reference:      12830
Logged by:          postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT
Email address:      pgriboval@yahoo.fr
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
Operating system:   Centos 6.5

In /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.4 there is no more PGPORT defined.

You can read this comment in the script:

# Version 9.4.0 Devrim Gunduz
# Remove PGPORT variable.

But bellow this command requires the PGPORT var to be set otherwise the
upgrade script does not work

NEWPGPORT=`sed -n 's/^PGPORT=//p' /etc/init.d/postgresql-$PGMAJORVERSION`

workaround is to set back PGPORT=5433, run the upgrade script and remove the
PGPORT variabla in the script

Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT

> Logged by:          postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT
> Email address:      pgriboval@yahoo.fr
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
> Operating system:   Centos 6.5
>
> In /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.4 there is no more PGPORT defined.
>
> You can read this comment in the script:
>
> # Version 9.4.0 Devrim Gunduz
> # Remove PGPORT variable.
>
> But bellow this command requires the PGPORT var to be set otherwise the
> upgrade script does not work
>
> NEWPGPORT=`sed -n 's/^PGPORT=//p' /etc/init.d/postgresql-$PGMAJORVERSION`
>
> workaround is to set back PGPORT=5433, run the upgrade script and remove the
> PGPORT variabla in the script

Uh, the community does not maintain these scripts, which I assume are
for RPMs.  You need to contact the RPM authors.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
Bruce,

> On Thu, Mar  5, 2015 at 08:41:09AM +0000, pgriboval@yahoo.fr wrote:
> > PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
> > Operating system:   Centos 6.5

> Uh, the community does not maintain these scripts, which I assume are
> for RPMs.  You need to contact the RPM authors.

Huh?  I don't think RedHat provides binaries for 9.4.1 and so I imagine
the user got these from yum.postgresql.org which, just like
apt.postgresql.org, is certainly considered community...  If those RPMs
and DEBs aren't community then I'm highly confused as to why they'd be
provided off of postgresql.org..

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT

Date:
On Sat, Mar  7, 2015 at 02:00:57PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> * Bruce Momjian (bruce@momjian.us) wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar  5, 2015 at 08:41:09AM +0000, pgriboval@yahoo.fr wrote:
> > > PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
> > > Operating system:   Centos 6.5
>
> > Uh, the community does not maintain these scripts, which I assume are
> > for RPMs.  You need to contact the RPM authors.
>
> Huh?  I don't think RedHat provides binaries for 9.4.1 and so I imagine
> the user got these from yum.postgresql.org which, just like
> apt.postgresql.org, is certainly considered community...  If those RPMs
> and DEBs aren't community then I'm highly confused as to why they'd be
> provided off of postgresql.org..

Well, we have Solaris packages linked from our website too, but we don't
take bug reports for them either.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Date:
> On Sat, Mar  7, 2015 at 02:00:57PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Bruce,
> >=20
> > * Bruce Momjian (bruce@momjian.us) wrote:
> >=20
> > > Uh, the community does not maintain these scripts, which I assume are
> > > for RPMs.  You need to contact the RPM authors.
> >=20
> > Huh?  I don't think RedHat provides binaries for 9.4.1 and so I imagine
> > the user got these from yum.postgresql.org which, just like
> > apt.postgresql.org, is certainly considered community...  If those RPMs
> > and DEBs aren't community then I'm highly confused as to why they'd be
> > provided off of postgresql.org..
>=20
> Well, we have Solaris packages linked from our website too, but we don't
> take bug reports for them either.

Yeah, that's been mentioned before and I don't think it makes sense
either..  For my part, I'd rather we address the Solaris packages the
same way the OSX and Windows ones are- linked to an external site which
actually does support them (or remove them altogether if no one is going
to support them), or, of course, if someone in the community wants to
step up to support them for the community, that'd be great too.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

The upgrade script has been broken over the last two years. Maybe it is
the time to take a look at it. I will let you know.

Regards, Devrim

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Sat, 2015-03-07 at 13:38 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Uh, the community does not maintain these scripts, which I assume are
> for RPMs.  You need to contact the RPM authors.

Well, these RPMs are the community RPMS, so delivered through
postgresql.org network ;)

Devrim GÜNDÜZ