Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT
Date
Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar  5, 2015 at 08:41:09AM +0000, pgriboval@yahoo.fr wrote:

> Bug reference:      12830
> Logged by:          postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT
> Email address:      pgriboval@yahoo.fr
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
> Operating system:   Centos 6.5
>
> In /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.4 there is no more PGPORT defined.
>
> You can read this comment in the script:
>
> # Version 9.4.0 Devrim Gunduz
> # Remove PGPORT variable.
>
> But bellow this command requires the PGPORT var to be set otherwise the
> upgrade script does not work
>
> NEWPGPORT=`sed -n 's/^PGPORT=//p' /etc/init.d/postgresql-$PGMAJORVERSION`
>
> workaround is to set back PGPORT=5433, run the upgrade script and remove the
> PGPORT variabla in the script

Uh, the community does not maintain these scripts, which I assume are
for RPMs.  You need to contact the RPM authors.

  + Everyone has their own god. +