UX Bug sets account expires to TODAY by default

From
Andreas Langegger ⌂ zoomsquare
Date:
Hi,

I found a heavy UX bug in v1.18.1 (Oct 11 2013) on Mac OSX 10.9 which locked me out of my user and even crashed our server for some minutes since services got locked out as well:

1. goto Login Roles
2. select a user role
3. goto "Definition" tab

You'll see, that the account expires field is pre-filled with TODAY, the time is empty and will result into 0:00:00 effectively meaning the account will be closed as of today once you hit OK.

Maybe it has to do with wxWidgets on Mac setting the calendar field to TODAY. But it's definitely a source of headache if you don't notice accidentially setting the expire date ...

Cheers,
Andy

Dr. Andreas Langegger
Co-Founder, CEO

E-Mail: andreas@zoomsquare.com

Attachment

Re: UX Bug sets account expires to TODAY by default

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Andreas Langegger =E2=8C=82 zoomsquare <
andreas@zoomsquare.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found a heavy UX bug in v1.18.1 (Oct 11 2013) on Mac OSX 10.9 which
> locked me out of my user and even crashed our server for some minutes sin=
ce
> services got locked out as well:
>
> 1. goto Login Roles
> 2. select a user role
> 3. goto "Definition" tab
>
> You'll see, that the account expires field is pre-filled with TODAY, the
> time is empty and will result into 0:00:00 effectively meaning the accoun=
> will be closed as of today once you hit OK.
>
> Maybe it has to do with wxWidgets on Mac setting the calendar field to
> TODAY. But it's definitely a source of headache if you don't notice
> accidentially setting the expire date ...

This has already been fixed for 1.18.2:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=3Dpgadmin3.git;a=3Dcommit;h=3D3dfa02a90=
bfa5202c305187cf90baea1b46f6240

Sorry for the inconvenience.