Re: UX Bug sets account expires to TODAY by default - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: UX Bug sets account expires to TODAY by default
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Andreas Langegger =E2=8C=82 zoomsquare <
andreas@zoomsquare.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found a heavy UX bug in v1.18.1 (Oct 11 2013) on Mac OSX 10.9 which
> locked me out of my user and even crashed our server for some minutes sin=
ce
> services got locked out as well:
>
> 1. goto Login Roles
> 2. select a user role
> 3. goto "Definition" tab
>
> You'll see, that the account expires field is pre-filled with TODAY, the
> time is empty and will result into 0:00:00 effectively meaning the accoun=
> will be closed as of today once you hit OK.
>
> Maybe it has to do with wxWidgets on Mac setting the calendar field to
> TODAY. But it's definitely a source of headache if you don't notice
> accidentially setting the expire date ...

This has already been fixed for 1.18.2:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=3Dpgadmin3.git;a=3Dcommit;h=3D3dfa02a90=
bfa5202c305187cf90baea1b46f6240

Sorry for the inconvenience.