BUG #5060: 8.2 bin install

From
"Attila Somogyi"
Date:

Bug reference:      5060
Logged by:          Attila Somogyi
Email address:      satti77@freemail.hu
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Gentoo/Debian Linux
Details:

Hello Support,

I have a special problem, I use a java based software that use postgresql,
but as I know the sql queries cahnged in 8.3 and the manufacturer of my
software support only 8.2 or earlier version. I look for a long time a
binary install package on the Internet but didn't found. I like to get a
version that can I run with ./ command and that ask me the password of
postgres user, the data directory etc.

Could you help me to send a bin install file of 8.2?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Attila

Re: BUG #5060: 8.2 bin install

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
Attila Somogyi wrote:

> I have a special problem, I use a java based software that use postgresql,
> but as I know the sql queries cahnged in 8.3 and the manufacturer of my
> software support only 8.2 or earlier version. I look for a long time a
> binary install package on the Internet but didn't found.

Build and install PostgreSQL 8.2 from source.

This is not a bug.

--
Craig Ringer