BUG #4948: getting error while vacuuming the database

From
"fous"
Date:

Bug reference:      4948
Logged by:          fous
Email address:      honza801@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.0
Operating system:   Linux (CentOS release 5.3)
Details:

hi

i'm getting this error while vacuuming the database.

proxylog=# VACUUM ;
ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in index "user_day" for deletion
target
page 1441795

the same appears using vacuumdb command

vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "proxylog" failed: ERROR:  failed to re-find
parent key in index "user_day" for deletion target page 1441795

i've found one thread with the same error

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2007-08/msg00082.php

but was not fixed/resolved
does anoyne know, where the problem is?

thanks
fous

Re: BUG #4948: getting error while vacuuming the database

Date:
"fous" <honza801@gmail.com> writes:
> i'm getting this error while vacuuming the database.

> proxylog=# VACUUM ;
> ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in index "user_day" for deletion
> target
> page 1441795

> does anoyne know, where the problem is?

Nope.

If you just want to fix it, reindexing that index should do the trick.

If you want us to look into what caused it and whether there's a fixable
bug there, we'll need a whole lot more information than the error
message.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #4948: getting error while vacuuming the database

From
fous velkej
Date:
well, i knew how to fix it (probably the reindexing, that you mentioned;))

but i think this happens often in our database, so what informations would
you like to know?
i'm awaiting orders :)

fous