Re: BUG #4948: getting error while vacuuming the database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #4948: getting error while vacuuming the database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"fous" <honza801@gmail.com> writes:
> i'm getting this error while vacuuming the database.

> proxylog=# VACUUM ;
> ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in index "user_day" for deletion
> target
> page 1441795

> does anoyne know, where the problem is?

Nope.

If you just want to fix it, reindexing that index should do the trick.

If you want us to look into what caused it and whether there's a fixable
bug there, we'll need a whole lot more information than the error
message.

            regards, tom lane