pg_connect() problem

From
Sh A Guru Prasad
Date:
After upgrading postgres from 7.1 to 7.3.2
PHP 4.0.6 was working fine but after upgrading
PHP from 4.0.6 to 4.3.2 version it was unable to connect to
database as pg_connect() was not working.

bye
guru

Re: pg_connect() problem

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 10:20:53AM +0530, Sh A Guru Prasad wrote:

> After upgrading postgres from 7.1 to 7.3.2
> PHP 4.0.6 was working fine but after upgrading
> PHP from 4.0.6 to 4.3.2 version it was unable to connect to
> database as pg_connect() was not working.

You should probably discuss this in pgsql-php or in a PHP-related
newsgroup before reporting it to pgsql-bugs.

Could you be more specific than "not working"?  What exactly happens?
What errors or warnings does PHP issue, either to the browser or in the
web server's error log?  Are you sure the upgraded PHP was built with
PostgreSQL support?  A phpinfo() page should tell you.

If your old PHP installation worked, then I suspect the problem is with
the new PHP, not with PostgreSQL.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: pg_connect() problem

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> After upgrading postgres from 7.1 to 7.3.2
> PHP 4.0.6 was working fine but after upgrading
> PHP from 4.0.6 to 4.3.2 version it was unable to connect to
> database as pg_connect() was not working.

I have no problem at all with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 + PHP 4.3.2 combo. I
suspect you did something wrong with update and/or build procedure for
PHP. Hard to tell without knowing how you did your PHP installation,
though.
--
Tatsuo Ishii