Re: pg_connect() problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: pg_connect() problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 10:20:53AM +0530, Sh A Guru Prasad wrote:

> After upgrading postgres from 7.1 to 7.3.2
> PHP 4.0.6 was working fine but after upgrading
> PHP from 4.0.6 to 4.3.2 version it was unable to connect to
> database as pg_connect() was not working.

You should probably discuss this in pgsql-php or in a PHP-related
newsgroup before reporting it to pgsql-bugs.

Could you be more specific than "not working"?  What exactly happens?
What errors or warnings does PHP issue, either to the browser or in the
web server's error log?  Are you sure the upgraded PHP was built with
PostgreSQL support?  A phpinfo() page should tell you.

If your old PHP installation worked, then I suspect the problem is with
the new PHP, not with PostgreSQL.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/