PGCon hacker lounge

From
Dan Langille
Date:
Have you been to PGCon before?  Do you remember the hacker lounge?  Do you remember going there to work on stuff?  Do
yourecall anything about it?

—
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/

Attachment

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 05/27/2015 09:01 AM, Dan Langille wrote:
> Have you been to PGCon before?  Do you remember the hacker lounge?  Do you remember going there to work on stuff?  Do
yourecall anything about it?

This is a very strange email.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

From
"Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth"
Date:

Attachment

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

From
Nathan Kempter

Is this supposed to be an advertisement?

On May 28, 2015 12:48 AM, "Gunnar "Nick" Bluth" <gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de> wrote:

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

Date:
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:49:47AM -0600, Nathan Kempter wrote:
> Is this supposed to be an advertisement?

I think so, and we might need to remind the original poster about
advertising on this list.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

From
Dan Langille
Date:
> On May 28, 2015, at 2:47 AM, Gunnar Nick Bluth <gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> Am 27.05.2015 um 23:03 schrieb Josh Berkus:
> > On 05/27/2015 09:01 AM, Dan Langille wrote:
> >> Have you been to PGCon before?  Do you remember the hacker
> >> lounge?  Do you remember going there to work on stuff?  Do you
> >> recall anything about it?
> >
> > This is a very strange email.
> >

> I'm glad you said it first ;-)

Sorry about that.  I was trying to gauge the usefulness of the PGCon hacking lounge since it was first added to the
schedulein 2012.

It seems it goes unused, and I was trying to see if anyone found it useful in the past.  At BSDCan, for example, you
canfind people there every night discussing and working.  Or perhaps just socializing.  It's a major gathering point.

If there is interest, we'll retain for 2015, but it seems best to remove it from the schedule.

—
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/

Attachment

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

From
Dan Langille
Date:
> On May 28, 2015, at 10:32 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:49:47AM -0600, Nathan Kempter wrote:
>> Is this supposed to be an advertisement?
>
> I think so, and we might need to remind the original poster about
> advertising on this list.

I apologize for the appearances.  I hope the followup I just sent clarifies the issue.

—
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/

Attachment

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

Date:
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:37:21AM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> > On May 28, 2015, at 2:47 AM, Gunnar Nick Bluth <gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is a very strange email.
> > >

> > I'm glad you said it first ;-)
>
> Sorry about that.  I was trying to gauge the usefulness of the PGCon hacking lounge since it was first added to the
schedulein 2012.

> It seems it goes unused, and I was trying to see if anyone found it useful in the past.  At BSDCan, for example, you
canfind people there every night discussing and working.  Or perhaps just socializing.  It's a major gathering point.

> If there is interest, we'll retain for 2015, but it seems best to remove it from the schedule.

The community email lists are not to be used for your conference to
gauge interest in something --- you should be using your own conference
email list to do that.  (In fact, I just unsubscribed from that
conference announce list because it was sending me too many
uninteresting emails, so I know the list exists.)

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

From
Dan Langille
Date:
> On May 28, 2015, at 10:42 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:37:21AM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:

>>> I'm glad you said it first ;-)
>>
>> Sorry about that.  I was trying to gauge the usefulness of the PGCon hacking lounge since it was first added to the
schedulein 2012.

>> It seems it goes unused, and I was trying to see if anyone found it useful in the past.  At BSDCan, for example, you
canfind people there every night discussing and working.  Or perhaps just socializing.  It's a major gathering point.

>> If there is interest, we'll retain for 2015, but it seems best to remove it from the schedule.
>
> The community email lists are not to be used for your conference to
> gauge interest in something --- you should be using your own conference
> email list to do that.  (In fact, I just unsubscribed from that
> conference announce list because it was sending me too many
> uninteresting emails, so I know the list exists.)

I apologize and won't be doing it again.

—
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/

Attachment

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 05/27/2015 11:49 PM, Nathan Kempter wrote:
> Is this supposed to be an advertisement?

Yes, just worded badly.

JD

Re: PGCon hacker lounge

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 05/28/2015 07:37 AM, Dan Langille wrote:

>> I'm glad you said it first ;-)
>
> Sorry about that.  I was trying to gauge the usefulness of the PGCon hacking lounge since it was first added to the
schedulein 2012.

> It seems it goes unused, and I was trying to see if anyone found it useful in the past.  At BSDCan, for example, you
canfind people there every night discussing and working.  Or perhaps just socializing.  It's a major gathering point.

> If there is interest, we'll retain for 2015, but it seems best to remove it from the schedule.

Now that, makes sense :)

jD