Re: PGCon hacker lounge - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PGCon hacker lounge
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:37:21AM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> > On May 28, 2015, at 2:47 AM, Gunnar Nick Bluth <gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is a very strange email.
> > >

> > I'm glad you said it first ;-)
>
> Sorry about that.  I was trying to gauge the usefulness of the PGCon hacking lounge since it was first added to the
schedulein 2012.

> It seems it goes unused, and I was trying to see if anyone found it useful in the past.  At BSDCan, for example, you
canfind people there every night discussing and working.  Or perhaps just socializing.  It's a major gathering point.

> If there is interest, we'll retain for 2015, but it seems best to remove it from the schedule.

The community email lists are not to be used for your conference to
gauge interest in something --- you should be using your own conference
email list to do that.  (In fact, I just unsubscribed from that
conference announce list because it was sending me too many
uninteresting emails, so I know the list exists.)

  + Everyone has their own god. +