http://www.thoughtworks.com/radar#platforms
http://thoughtworks.fileburst.com/assets/technology-radar-may-2013.pdf

«
PostgreSQL is expanding to become the NoSQL choice of
SQL databases. Version 9.2 includes the ability to store JSON
data with full querying capabilities on the content of the JSON
document. Other extensions let the user store and query data
in the form of key/value pairs. This lets you take advantage
of the underlying storage and transactional capabilities of a
28 time-tested database without being tied to a relational
data model. This is ideal for those who want both SQL and NoSQL
applications but prefer a single reliable infrastructure that they
already know how to support
»

 On Wed, 22 May 2013 14:43:04 +0200, damien clochard
 <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
> «
> PostgreSQL is expanding to become the NoSQL choice of
> SQL databases. Version 9.2 includes the ability to store JSON
> data with full querying capabilities on the content of the JSON
> document. Other extensions let the user store and query data
> in the form of key/value pairs. This lets you take advantage
> of the underlying storage and transactional capabilities of a
> 28 time-tested database without being tied to a relational
> data model. This is ideal for those who want both SQL and NoSQL
> applications but prefer a single reliable infrastructure that they
> already know how to support
> »

 Thanks for sharing this Damien (I just twitted about it).

 And PostgreSQL 9.3 will bring all of this to a completely new level.
 Last Saturday I had the pleasure to speak at the PHPDay conference in
 Verona. My talk was on infinite scalability and using PostgreSQL as a
 NoSQL database. Speaking about the new JSON capabilities, in particular
 operators - to_json() and json_agg() - and showing the examples really
 made a lot of developers imagine new scenarios of adoption and hopefully
 think of Postgres as a more versatile solution.

 Ciao,
 Gabriele

--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia