Re: ThoughtWorks TechRadar : PostgreSQL expanding to become the NoSQL choice of SQL databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: ThoughtWorks TechRadar : PostgreSQL expanding to become the NoSQL choice of SQL databases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
 On Wed, 22 May 2013 14:43:04 +0200, damien clochard
 <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
> «
> PostgreSQL is expanding to become the NoSQL choice of
> SQL databases. Version 9.2 includes the ability to store JSON
> data with full querying capabilities on the content of the JSON
> document. Other extensions let the user store and query data
> in the form of key/value pairs. This lets you take advantage
> of the underlying storage and transactional capabilities of a
> 28 time-tested database without being tied to a relational
> data model. This is ideal for those who want both SQL and NoSQL
> applications but prefer a single reliable infrastructure that they
> already know how to support
> »

 Thanks for sharing this Damien (I just twitted about it).

 And PostgreSQL 9.3 will bring all of this to a completely new level.
 Last Saturday I had the pleasure to speak at the PHPDay conference in
 Verona. My talk was on infinite scalability and using PostgreSQL as a
 NoSQL database. Speaking about the new JSON capabilities, in particular
 operators - to_json() and json_agg() - and showing the examples really
 made a lot of developers imagine new scenarios of adoption and hopefully
 think of Postgres as a more versatile solution.

 Ciao,
 Gabriele

--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia