Someone want to create a "What's in PostgreSQL 9.2" wiki page?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
This continues to be useful.  You can mine Hubert's blog for material ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Someone want to create a "What's in PostgreSQL 9.2" wiki page?

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 13:57 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> This continues to be useful.  You can mine Hubert's blog for material ...

Are you talking about a "What's new in PostgreSQL 9.2" wiki page? Marc
is already working on it. See http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%
27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.2

He may need some help though.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Someone want to create a "What's in PostgreSQL 9.2" wiki page?

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Hi Josh,

Il 01/08/12 22:57, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
> This continues to be useful.  You can mine Hubert's blog for material ...

I had noticed this page was already on the wiki:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.2

However, I was preparing something in a less technical direction, trying
to group new features and improvements of 9.2 into three major areas:

* Administration
* Development
* Performance

Anyway, what target for this page did you have in mind?

Thanks,
Gabriele

--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
  gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Date:
> I had noticed this page was already on the wiki:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.2

That's great!

> However, I was preparing something in a less technical direction, trying
> to group new features and improvements of 9.2 into three major areas:
>
> * Administration
> * Development
> * Performance

It would also be terrific to have something like that.

> Anyway, what target for this page did you have in mind?

Either way.  I mainly want detailed information which is more
comprehensible than the release notes.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: Someone want to create a "What's in PostgreSQL 9.2" wiki page?

From
Rob Napier
Date:
Hi Josh

I stand readyto write/tidy up media releases, brochures, etc. but the source
has to come to me technically complete. I don't have enough basic knowledge
to know what is important and what's not.

I've not done anything on the 9.2 brochure yet because I don't have a clear
brief. I'm happy to work on it if anyone can give me that.

Rob Napier