Where is NYPUG?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Hey,

I just spent a fruitless 20min searching for the NY PostgreSQL User
Group online in order to send a link to someone.   Where is information
about NYPUG?

Man, we need a replacement for pugs.postgresql.org ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Where is NYPUG?

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
I just spent a fruitless 20min searching for the NY PostgreSQL User
Group online in order to send a link to someone.   Where is information
about NYPUG?

Man, we need a replacement for pugs.postgresql.org ...

Would it be worth interfacing with Meetup?  It does make PUG management much easier.  We could also pull meetups into a "local events" news section on the main PG site

Jonathan

Re: Where is NYPUG?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> Would it be worth interfacing with Meetup?  It does make PUG management much easier.  We could also pull meetups into
a"local events" news section on the main PG site

Have you tried searching Meetup?  I just did, and it doesn't work at all.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Where is NYPUG?

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
>> Would it be worth interfacing with Meetup?  It does make PUG management much easier.  We could also pull meetups
intoa "local events" news section on the main PG site

> Have you tried searching Meetup?  I just did, and it doesn't work at all.

Searching "nycpug" on meetup fails.  Searching "postgresql" within 25mi of NYC has it come up.  I think Meetup's search
useskeywords.

However, when you search "NYCPUG" on Google, it comes up as the first result.

Jonathan

Re: Where is NYPUG?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> Searching "nycpug" on meetup fails.  Searching "postgresql" within 25mi of NYC has it come up.  I think Meetup's
searchuses keywords.

Yeah, the problem is that Meetup doesn't allow *me* to search within
25mi of NYC, since it knows I'm in San Francisco.  Once they added
geographic search, there's no way to turn it off that I can find.

> However, when you search "NYCPUG" on Google, it comes up as the first result.

Really?  I had to skip past an entire page of stuff about the Pug dog group.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.