Re: Where is NYPUG? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Where is NYPUG?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Searching "nycpug" on meetup fails.  Searching "postgresql" within 25mi of NYC has it come up.  I think Meetup's
searchuses keywords.

Yeah, the problem is that Meetup doesn't allow *me* to search within
25mi of NYC, since it knows I'm in San Francisco.  Once they added
geographic search, there's no way to turn it off that I can find.

> However, when you search "NYCPUG" on Google, it comes up as the first result.

Really?  I had to skip past an entire page of stuff about the Pug dog group.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.