List of companies who contributed to 9.1?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

I'd like to list all the companies who contributed to PostgreSQL 9.1 as
part of the extended press release.  Is anyone willing to assemble this
list for me?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: List of companies who contributed to 9.1?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:33, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'd like to list all the companies who contributed to PostgreSQL 9.1 as
> part of the extended press release.  Is anyone willing to assemble this
> list for me?

Before anyone can do that, you need to define what you mean by
"company who contributed"..

Code contributions only?
Reviewing?
Testing?
Paying someone else to do one of the above?

(And don't forget to ask everybody if they did the work on company
time or their own time :P)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Date:
On 8/25/11 1:29 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:33, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I'd like to list all the companies who contributed to PostgreSQL 9.1 as
>> part of the extended press release.  Is anyone willing to assemble this
>> list for me?
>
> Before anyone can do that, you need to define what you mean by
> "company who contributed"..
>
> Code contributions only?
> Reviewing?
> Testing?
> Paying someone else to do one of the above?
>
> (And don't forget to ask everybody if they did the work on company
> time or their own time :P)

Yeah I should have started this a month ago.  Too busy with
conference/business travel.

Oh, well, there's always next year.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: List of companies who contributed to 9.1?

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
On Aug 25, 2011, at 3:29 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:33, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I'd like to list all the companies who contributed to PostgreSQL 9.1 as
>> part of the extended press release.  Is anyone willing to assemble this
>> list for me?
>
> Before anyone can do that, you need to define what you mean by
> "company who contributed"..
>
> Code contributions only?
> Reviewing?
> Testing?
> Paying someone else to do one of the above?

I'm guessing the goal of this is to encourage other companies to realize that they can help improve the database
they'reusing, so I'd say definitely any company that's put up actual cash as well as anyone making significant staff
contributions(ie: anything > 20% of one person's time). As far as what kind of work counts, I'd say anything other than
generalbeta-testing (ie: testing a specific patch should absolutely count).
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net