Re: List of companies who contributed to 9.1? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: List of companies who contributed to 9.1?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Aug 25, 2011, at 3:29 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:33, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I'd like to list all the companies who contributed to PostgreSQL 9.1 as
>> part of the extended press release.  Is anyone willing to assemble this
>> list for me?
>
> Before anyone can do that, you need to define what you mean by
> "company who contributed"..
>
> Code contributions only?
> Reviewing?
> Testing?
> Paying someone else to do one of the above?

I'm guessing the goal of this is to encourage other companies to realize that they can help improve the database
they'reusing, so I'd say definitely any company that's put up actual cash as well as anyone making significant staff
contributions(ie: anything > 20% of one person's time). As far as what kind of work counts, I'd say anything other than
generalbeta-testing (ie: testing a specific patch should absolutely count).
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net