PostgreSQL Zazzle Store up

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

I've set up a Zazzle store for PostgreSQL where I'll be putting up
t-shirts etc. which people can purchase.

20% of the purchase price of each item will go to the PostgreSQL fund at
SPI.

http://www.zazzle.com/PostgreSQL

Where would be appropriate to publicize this, once I have more
merchandise up?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: PostgreSQL Zazzle Store up

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I've set up a Zazzle store for PostgreSQL where I'll be putting up
> t-shirts etc. which people can purchase.

You seem to have used the forbidden "Postgre" logo :-(

> 20% of the purchase price of each item will go to the PostgreSQL fund at
> SPI.
>
> http://www.zazzle.com/PostgreSQL
>
> Where would be appropriate to publicize this, once I have more
> merchandise up?

Somewhere where it won't detract trade from the postgresql.eu store :-)

More seriously, maybe we should have link(s) from the Support Us
section of the homepage.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: PostgreSQL Zazzle Store up

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 09:57, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I've set up a Zazzle store for PostgreSQL where I'll be putting up
>> t-shirts etc. which people can purchase.
>
> You seem to have used the forbidden "Postgre" logo :-(

Yeah. Booh. Where did you find that? Please exterminate it from the source :D

>> 20% of the purchase price of each item will go to the PostgreSQL fund at
>> SPI.

20%? Wow, that's a great deal :-) And your stuff is only slightly more
expensive than the pgeu store..

>> http://www.zazzle.com/PostgreSQL
>>
>> Where would be appropriate to publicize this, once I have more
>> merchandise up?
>
> Somewhere where it won't detract trade from the postgresql.eu store :-)
>
> More seriously, maybe we should have link(s) from the Support Us
> section of the homepage.

That sounds good, I think. And we should add links to *both* of them.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: PostgreSQL Zazzle Store up

From
Thom Brown
Date:
On 16 September 2010 16:49, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 09:57, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>> 20% of the purchase price of each item will go to the PostgreSQL fund at
>>> SPI.
>
> 20%? Wow, that's a great deal :-) And your stuff is only slightly more
> expensive than the pgeu store..

Yes, I thought Spreadshirt provided 20% commission
(http://www.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/-/Home-5507/) but from the numbers
being returned, it doesn't sound like it.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

Date:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 17:59, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 16 September 2010 16:49, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>
>> 20%? Wow, that's a great deal :-) And your stuff is only slightly more
>> expensive than the pgeu store..
>
> Yes, I thought Spreadshirt provided 20% commission
> (http://www.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/-/Home-5507/) but from the numbers
> being returned, it doesn't sound like it.

Unm, we can pick it our selves. We can easily raise prices so we get
20%. But we decided the main thing we want to do is get the stuff to
the users, not make money...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: PostgreSQL Zazzle Store up

From
Greg Smith
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> I've set up a Zazzle store for PostgreSQL where I'll be putting up
> t-shirts etc. which people can purchase.

When you're looking at the "models" available to see the shirts on, the
options include a chubby guy named Greg and another dude with unkept
long hair and a badly trimmed goatee.  I'm glad to see Zazzle knows
their market.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us

Date:
On 09/16/2010 12:57 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com>  wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I've set up a Zazzle store for PostgreSQL where I'll be putting up
>> t-shirts etc. which people can purchase.
>
> You seem to have used the forbidden "Postgre" logo :-(

Give me another logo then.  It may be depreciated, but it hasn't been
replaced.   It's also being given to the press for lack of an alternative.

--

Date:
> When you're looking at the "models" available to see the shirts on, the
> options include a chubby guy named Greg and another dude with unkept
> long hair and a badly trimmed goatee. I'm glad to see Zazzle knows their
> market.

I do NOT have a goatee.

;-)

--

Date:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 09/16/2010 12:57 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I've set up a Zazzle store for PostgreSQL where I'll be putting up
>>> t-shirts etc. which people can purchase.
>>
>> You seem to have used the forbidden "Postgre" logo :-(
>
> Give me another logo then.  It may be depreciated, but it hasn't been
> replaced.

Where did that version come from? It's not on the graphics project on
pgFoundry. I can probably fix it up in a couple of minutes if you have
the original - someone seems to have tweaked the colours already, and
that looks quite nice.

> It's also being given to the press for lack of an alternative.

That explains why I cringe every time I see a PostgreSQL news item recently :-(

--

Date:
> Where did that version come from? It's not on the graphics project on
> pgFoundry. I can probably fix it up in a couple of minutes if you have
> the original - someone seems to have tweaked the colours already, and
> that looks quite nice.

It is in the graphics project.  Under "docs".

--

Date:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Where did that version come from? It's not on the graphics project on
>> pgFoundry. I can probably fix it up in a couple of minutes if you have
>> the original - someone seems to have tweaked the colours already, and
>> that looks quite nice.
>
> It is in the graphics project.  Under "docs".

Sorry, I must be being dense as I can't find it. Do you have the exact
URL? All the ones there seem to be the older black/blue, rather than
grey/blue - and have the text in a different place, if at all. Or be
entirely different.

Thanks.

--

Date:
On 9/16/10 12:49 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>> Where did that version come from? It's not on the graphics project on
>>> pgFoundry. I can probably fix it up in a couple of minutes if you have
>>> the original - someone seems to have tweaked the colours already, and
>>> that looks quite nice.
>> It is in the graphics project.  Under "docs".
>
> Sorry, I must be being dense as I can't find it. Do you have the exact
> URL? All the ones there seem to be the older black/blue, rather than
> grey/blue - and have the text in a different place, if at all. Or be
> entirely different.

Oh ... it's the "PostgreSQL Banner" graphic I used.  Which was based on
the black/blue, but something greyed it when I uploaded it to Zazzle.

We should have a version which is a uniform black, and another one which
is a uniform teal.

--

Date:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>> It is in the graphics project.  Under "docs".
>>
>> Sorry, I must be being dense as I can't find it. Do you have the exact
>> URL? All the ones there seem to be the older black/blue, rather than
>> grey/blue - and have the text in a different place, if at all. Or be
>> entirely different.
>
> Oh ... it's the "PostgreSQL Banner" graphic I used.  Which was based on
> the black/blue, but something greyed it when I uploaded it to Zazzle.

No, it's not that one. That's all in a blue gradient roughly matching
the website banner (in fact, it's one I produced a couple of years
ago). Anyway, it doesn't matter...

> We should have a version which is a uniform black, and another one which
> is a uniform teal.

It's pretty simple to edit them in Inkscape, so I can probably whip up
some new versions. You want the two-colour logo on the left, and just
"PostgreSQL" to the right, once in black and once in teal?

We can include the tagline too in a version I suppose.

--

Date:
> It's pretty simple to edit them in Inkscape, so I can probably whip up
> some new versions. You want the two-colour logo on the left, and just
> "PostgreSQL" to the right, once in black and once in teal?
>
> We can include the tagline too in a version I suppose.

Yes, correct.

--

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> I've set up a Zazzle store for PostgreSQL where I'll be putting up
> t-shirts etc. which people can purchase.
>
> 20% of the purchase price of each item will go to the PostgreSQL fund at
> SPI.
>
> http://www.zazzle.com/PostgreSQL
>
> Where would be appropriate to publicize this, once I have more
> merchandise up?

A blog post would be a good way to publicize it.

Date:
> Let me know if you want any other variations.

Seems like plenty.  Loaded onto the graphics page, and the Zazzle store.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.