Postgres 9 Article for Linux Journal

From
Joshua Kramer
Date:
Is anyone doing a write-up on PG9 for LJ?

Re: Postgres 9 Article for Linux Journal

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 06/04/2010 01:20 PM, Joshua Kramer wrote:
> Is anyone doing a write-up on PG9 for LJ?

Not that I know of.  You have time to write an article?

--
                                   -- Josh Berkus
                                      PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Date:
 > Not that I know of.  You have time to write an article?

I'm not sure of LJ's production schedule and specifically, in which
magazine a PG9 article would appear in relation to the release, if
that's what you mean, but I'm going to inquire.  I do, however, have
enough bandwidth to do this and as soon as I get approval from an editor
there I'll start working on the article.

I'm going to try to do a feature length (2,500 words) article, so if I
don't get enough material in describing what's new I might also do a
step-by-step of the streaming replication.  If I do that - do you expect
any changes between the Beta (available now) and final versions in
regards to replication?

Date:
> I'm going to try to do a feature length (2,500 words) article, so if I
> don't get enough material in describing what's new I might also do a
> step-by-step of the streaming replication.  If I do that - do you expect
> any changes between the Beta (available now) and final versions in
> regards to replication?

Harass Robert Treat for his slides from "No More Waiting" from pgCon.
It should have lots of material, but he hasn't posted them.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Postgres 9 Article for Linux Journal

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

I'll be writing an article for LWN.  So that's two major
english-language publications.

Anyone on this list a writer for TheRegister?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.