PostgreSQL 9.0 articles in magazines?

From
Thom Brown
Date:
Hi y'all.

Are there any plans to get articles written for any magazines on PostgreSQL 9.0?  I know Guillaume Lelarge wrote one for a French Linux magazine for PostgreSQL 8.4, but thought such a landmark release would warrant some serious coverage.

Thom

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 articles in magazines?

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:53:58 +0100 Thom Brown wrote:

> Are there any plans to get articles written for any magazines on
> PostgreSQL 9.0?  I know Guillaume Lelarge wrote one for a French
> Linux magazine for PostgreSQL 8.4, but thought such a landmark
> release would warrant some serious coverage.

I'm plan to write an article for iX, a german magazine.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 articles in magazines?

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Le 31/03/2010 19:53, Thom Brown a écrit :
> Hi y'all.
>
> Are there any plans to get articles written for any magazines on PostgreSQL
> 9.0?  I know Guillaume Lelarge wrote one for a French Linux magazine for
> PostgreSQL 8.4, but thought such a landmark release would warrant some
> serious coverage.

I'll continue the work with this French Linux magazine. I'll write two
articles for 9.0, one on the replication features, one on the rest of
9.0 (because I don't want that people think that 9.0 is only about
replication, and because the other features would really benefit having
their own article).

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 articles in magazines?

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:40:33 +0200 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:53:58 +0100 Thom Brown wrote:
>
> > Are there any plans to get articles written for any magazines on
> > PostgreSQL 9.0?  I know Guillaume Lelarge wrote one for a French
> > Linux magazine for PostgreSQL 8.4, but thought such a landmark
> > release would warrant some serious coverage.
>
> I'm plan to write an article for iX, a german magazine.

This article was published today. iX 9/2010.

Along with another article about the future of MySQL at Oracle ;-)
And a small comparison between both databases.

Article is in german.

bye

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 articles in magazines?

From
Marcelo Costa

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:40:33 +0200 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:53:58 +0100 Thom Brown wrote:
>
> > Are there any plans to get articles written for any magazines on
> > PostgreSQL 9.0?  I know Guillaume Lelarge wrote one for a French
> > Linux magazine for PostgreSQL 8.4, but thought such a landmark
> > release would warrant some serious coverage.
>
> I'm plan to write an article for iX, a german magazine.

This article was published today. iX 9/2010.

Could you send us the link for the magazine?

--
Marcelo Costa
www.marcelocosta.net

Doctor House in apology to Mike Jagger

Date:
On 18 August 2010 19:56, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:40:33 +0200 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:53:58 +0100 Thom Brown wrote:
>>
>> > Are there any plans to get articles written for any magazines on
>> > PostgreSQL 9.0?  I know Guillaume Lelarge wrote one for a French
>> > Linux magazine for PostgreSQL 8.4, but thought such a landmark
>> > release would warrant some serious coverage.
>>
>> I'm plan to write an article for iX, a german magazine.
>
> This article was published today. iX 9/2010.
>
> Along with another article about the future of MySQL at Oracle ;-)
> And a small comparison between both databases.
>
> Article is in german.
>

> bye
>
> --
>                                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum

Excellent. :)

I couldn't get any UK magazines interested in publishing such an
article.  However, the draft I'd written in preparation may still be
used.  Selena's currently in talks with a US magazine to get an
article published about the upcoming version, and will use my draft as
a base.  Although no doubt many spellings will have to be changed for
the American audience.

--
Thom Brown
Registered Linux user: #516935

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 articles in magazines?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On ons, 2010-08-18 at 16:01 -0300, Marcelo Costa wrote:
> Could you send us the link for the magazine?

The articles themselves are not online, but here is a teaser:
http://www.heise.de/ix/artikel/Zweikampf-1058762.html

Date:
On 18 August 2010 21:08, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On ons, 2010-08-18 at 16:01 -0300, Marcelo Costa wrote:
>> Could you send us the link for the magazine?
>
> The articles themselves are not online, but here is a teaser:
> http://www.heise.de/ix/artikel/Zweikampf-1058762.html

Whoa, that's weird.  I was reading that earlier today!

--

Date:
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:20:37 +0100 Thom Brown wrote:

> On 18 August 2010 21:08, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > On ons, 2010-08-18 at 16:01 -0300, Marcelo Costa wrote:
> >> Could you send us the link for the magazine?
> >
> > The articles themselves are not online, but here is a teaser:
> > http://www.heise.de/ix/artikel/Zweikampf-1058762.html
> >
> Whoa, that's weird.  I was reading that earlier today!

Yeah, didn't know we are going into a wrestling match ;-)
Anyway, the teaser is very good written and the MySQL article
talks about MySQLs potential future at Oracle.

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 articles in magazines?

From
Joshua Kramer
Date:
Hello Everyone,

Also note that I'll be working on an article for Linux Journal regarding
PostgreSQL 9.0.  I was working on this last month but had to put it off
due to a death in the family.

Best,
-JK

--