New Run of 4-Page Business Case?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

Noel has offered to do a new run of the 4-page Business Case brochure
which Fujitsu designed for our use, and we are out of.

Do we want more of these?  If so, how many?  This is a piece targeted at
the "suit" crowd.

--Josh Berkus

Re: New Run of 4-Page Business Case?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> Do we want more of these?  If so, how many?  This is a piece targeted at
> the "suit" crowd.

Also, note that we have no ability to modify this piece, as it was
designed in proprietary design software.  We can only reprint it.

--Josh Berkus

Re: New Run of 4-Page Business Case?

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Do we want more of these?  If so, how many?  This is a piece targeted at
>> the "suit" crowd.
>
> Also, note that we have no ability to modify this piece, as it was
> designed in proprietary design software.  We can only reprint it.

What software? It's always possible someone has a copy somewhere,
unless of course, it's something internal to Fujitsu.

--
Dave Page

Re: New Run of 4-Page Business Case?

From
Rob Napier
Date:
Josh

If you have a PDF, it CAN be converted into artwork that can be manipulated.
I'd be happy to do that if you would like it done.

On 27/1/10 5:48 PM, "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Do we want more of these?  If so, how many?  This is a piece targeted at
>> the "suit" crowd.
>
> Also, note that we have no ability to modify this piece, as it was
> designed in proprietary design software.  We can only reprint it.
>
> --Josh Berkus

Regards

Rob Napier

Re: New Run of 4-Page Business Case?

From
Mike Ellsworth
Date:
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Rob Napier <rob@doitonce.net.au> wrote:
> Josh
>
> If you have a PDF, it CAN be converted into artwork that can be manipulated.
> I'd be happy to do that if you would like it done.

> On 27/1/10 5:48 PM, "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>>> Do we want more of these?  If so, how many?  This is a piece targeted at
>>> the "suit" crowd.
>>
>> Also, note that we have no ability to modify this piece, as it was
>> designed in proprietary design software.  We can only reprint it.
>>
>> --Josh Berkus

> Regards
>
> Rob Napier

I printed that piece for conferences for a few years - in fact, I ran
about 200 of them last year and shipped them to a Linux conf.  As I
recall, I requested that they be delivered to the PG Booth.  Never got
feedback from anyone - so maybe they ended up in the trash - which
would be unfortunate as they are expensive to print.

If more or needed, let me know.  If Noel(??) wants to do it - I
probably have the source file around.... Illustrator, I think.
It's probably on the site somewhere, already.

Thanks,
Mike

Date:
On 1/27/10 12:58 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>> Do we want more of these?  If so, how many?  This is a piece targeted at
>>> the "suit" crowd.
>> Also, note that we have no ability to modify this piece, as it was
>> designed in proprietary design software.  We can only reprint it.
>
> What software? It's always possible someone has a copy somewhere,
> unless of course, it's something internal to Fujitsu.

No, it was just something more oddball and expensive that Illustrator as
I recall.  Also, we don't really have *time* to modify it; I need to get
design to Noel by Friday AM if we want it printed.

Date:
> No, it was just something more oddball and expensive that Illustrator as
> I recall.  Also, we don't really have *time* to modify it; I need to get
> design to Noel by Friday AM if we want it printed.
>
> --Josh Berkus

Well, I'm looking at one of the 7 original pages & AI it is.
Created 11/30/06 with a last mod date of 4/26/07.

Modifying it & using to create a decent pdf was a bear & seems to be
irrelevant anyway.

--
Mike Ellsworth

Re: New Run of 4-Page Business Case?

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:43:47PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Noel has offered to do a new run of the 4-page Business Case brochure
> which Fujitsu designed for our use, and we are out of.
>
> Do we want more of these?  If so, how many?  This is a piece targeted at
> the "suit" crowd.

Can we maybe start handing these things out onto people's USB keys?

Cheers,
David (thinking we maybe should be dialing back the amount of
disposable stuff we should be handing out in general)

Remember to vote!

Date:
> I printed that piece for conferences for a few years - in fact, I ran
> about 200 of them last year and shipped them to a Linux conf.  As I
> recall, I requested that they be delivered to the PG Booth.  Never got
> feedback from anyone - so maybe they ended up in the trash - which
> would be unfortunate as they are expensive to print.

Nope, we got them and gave them all out.  It's been a popular piece.

--Josh Berkus