Interesting SEPostgreSQL Article

From
Richard Broersma
Date:
http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/365224/9a00d53d591f09f8/

It sounds like the call is going out for interested users to speak up.

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: Interesting SEPostgreSQL Article

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 12:05:34PM -0800, Richard Broersma wrote:
> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/365224/9a00d53d591f09f8/
>
> It sounds like the call is going out for interested users to speak
> up.

Sadly, it's behind a pay-wall until December 17.

In case it wasn't clear from earlier, I count the entire SE-Linux
effort as a failure.  We might get something halfway decent out of
more comprehensive and finer grained access controls, but
SE-PostgreSQL has not shown any evidence of being viable, not least
because it depends on exactly one hard-working, dedicated, but in the
end *single* person.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: Interesting SEPostgreSQL Article

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On Friday 04 December 2009 6:50:03 pm David Fetter wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 12:05:34PM -0800, Richard Broersma wrote:
> > http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/365224/9a00d53d591f09f8/
> >
> > It sounds like the call is going out for interested users to speak
> > up.
>
> Sadly, it's behind a pay-wall until December 17.

I clicked on the link above and it took me directly to the article.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Date:
On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 06:35:34AM -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On Friday 04 December 2009 6:50:03 pm David Fetter wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 12:05:34PM -0800, Richard Broersma wrote:
> > > http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/365224/9a00d53d591f09f8/
> > >
> > > It sounds like the call is going out for interested users to
> > > speak up.
> >
> > Sadly, it's behind a pay-wall until December 17.
>
> I clicked on the link above and it took me directly to the article.

What happened when you tried to comment?  When I did, I hit the
pay-wall.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: Interesting SEPostgreSQL Article

From
Greg Smith
Date:
Adrian Klaver wrote:
Sadly, it's behind a pay-wall until December 17.
I clicked on the link above and it took me directly to the article.
Right, but that's only because Richard forwarded a link using his subscriber number.  It's not going to show up for people just browsing LWN for a few weeks, which means that it's not getting much publicity yet like showing up on any of the major news sites.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Interesting SEPostgreSQL Article

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
David Fetter wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 06:35:34AM -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> > > Sadly, it's behind a pay-wall until December 17.
> >
> > I clicked on the link above and it took me directly to the article.
>
> What happened when you tried to comment?  When I did, I hit the
> pay-wall.

You didn't hit any pay-wall for comments, only the fact that you need to
have an account on the site.

Date:
On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 09:45:37PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:

> > > I clicked on the link above and it took me directly to the article.
> >
> > What happened when you tried to comment?  When I did, I hit the
> > pay-wall.
>
> You didn't hit any pay-wall for comments, only the fact that you need to
> have an account on the site.

As was pointed out earlier, the pay-wall is for direct responses to
the article, but not for responses to responses.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Date:
On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Right, but that's only because Richard forwarded a link using his subscriber
> number.  It's not going to show up for people just browsing LWN for a few
> weeks, which means that it's not getting much publicity yet like showing up
> on any of the major news sites.

Actually, I got this link from a google-alert:
> Google News Alert for: postgres
> SELinux and PostgreSQL: a worthwhile union?

I didn't know that there was a pay-wall for it.

Date:
Greg Smith wrote:
> Adrian Klaver wrote:
> > On Friday 04 December 2009 6:50:03 pm David Fetter wrote:
> >
> >> Sadly, it's behind a pay-wall until December 17.
> >>

> > I clicked on the link above and it took me directly to the article.
> >
> Right, but that's only because Richard forwarded a link using his
> subscriber number.  It's not going to show up for people just browsing
> LWN for a few weeks, which means that it's not getting much publicity
> yet like showing up on any of the major news sites.

It shows up in Google news, just search for "Momjian";  it is the third
hit:

    http://news.google.com/news?q=momjian

Re: Interesting SEPostgreSQL Article

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> In case it wasn't clear from earlier, I count the entire SE-Linux
> effort as a failure.

Not that you have an opinion or anything.

--Josh

Re: Interesting SEPostgreSQL Article

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 09:20 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > In case it wasn't clear from earlier, I count the entire SE-Linux
> > effort as a failure.
>
> Not that you have an opinion or anything.

David never has opinions just facts! Oh wait...

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander

Date:

Date: